Dr. David Tobias & Dr. George Bonev
We have a passion for great dentistry, and want to provide you the opportunity to know more about the members of our skilled and devoted dental team.
Look below to learn more about our dedicated staff. Our dentists take great pride in serving your dental needs and look forward to getting to know you.
Meet Our Team
Dr. David Tobias, B.Sc., DMD, M.Sc.
Dr. David L. Tobias has been providing excellent dentistry services to the people of Vancouver for over 28 years, and hopes to continue his service for many years to come.
Dr. Tobias has earned multiple degrees from the University of British Columbia (UBC), including a Bachelor of Science degree in 1978, a Doctorate of Dental Medicine in 1984 and a Master of Dental Science in 1994.
He has been a part-time faculty member of UBC since 1988, beginning as a sessional lecturer and consultant in Prosthodontics. He has also served the university as Assistant to the Clinic Director and Group Practice Administrator, and presently teaches both graduate and undergraduate students as the Coordinator of Occlusion and Articulation.
Dr. Tobias currently serves as a consultant for malpractice insurers of British Columbia and Alberta dentists, as well as for the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia on both dental trauma and jaw dysfunction-related issues.
Dr. Tobias has been involved in organized dentistry since his early days in the profession. His notable involvements include:
- Participation in numerous Committees on behalf of the British Columbia Dental Association, Government Relations and Third Party. Served as Chair of the Fee Guide and Vice Chair of the Economics Committee for over 10 years.
- Western Representative to the Third Party Committee of the Canadian Dental Association for over 10 years.
- British Columbia Board representative of the National Dental Board from 2008 to 2010.
- Chair of the Quality Assurance Committee of the College of Dental Surgeons.
- Current Vice President-elect of the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia.
- Current Clinical Associate Professor of UBC.
- Academic author of several peer-reviewed publications.
Dr. Tobias has also received numerous awards and recognition for his contributions to the field of dentistry. His achievements include:
- A Fellowship from the American College of Dentists (2006)
- Certificate of Merit from CDSBC (2002)
- Special Award from the Association of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (2000)
- Fellowship from the Pierre Fauchard Academy (2005)
- Fellowship from the International College of Dentists (2000)
Dr. Tobias has been happily married for 28 years, and is the father of three grown children. He is currently a socially-responsible member of the University Endowment Land community of the University of British Columbia. He is a classical music enthusiast, an avid golfer, and a strong proponent of Pisco as the best drink in the Western hemisphere.
Dr. George Bonev, DMD
Dr. George Bonev was born and raised in Varna, Bulgaria, a city located along the coast of the Black Sea.
Dr. Bonev developed a love for dentistry at a very early age. The people skills, charisma and creation of a comfortable atmosphere by his first dentist were very influential to Dr. Bonev and had a strong impact on his eventual decision to enter the dental profession.
Dr. Bonev attended the Sofia Medical University Dental School. After graduation, he joined a private practice, gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience in all aspects of general dentistry.
He moved to Vancouver, BC, in 2000, working as a consultant for one of the leading manufacturers of dental materials. He then relocated to attend the University of Manitoba Dental School, earning his Canadian dental degree before returning to Vancouver in 2005.
Dr. Bonev has devoted a significant amount of his spare time to continuing education programs, attending courses in all areas of modern dentistry. His primary goals are to provide his patients with high-quality general dentistry and to make dental phobias a thing of the past. He believes in the importance of patient-focused dentistry and works to incorporate that approach in everything he does.
His hobbies include soccer, traveling and experiencing different cultures.
Dr. Bonev looks forward to meeting you and to making your dental visit a positive and rewarding experience.